Painting With My Muse ...

You simply can't be your optimal best creatively unless you consult with your Muse. I always bring an offering of dark chocolate ...

Tuesday, December 2, 2014




What is an artist?  What is like to live as an artist?

To me an artist feels and sees deeply into their inner life.  Is willing to take risks, be open and vulnerable, expose oneself to slings and arrows ... and yet ... NEED to create, to bring forth from deep within.  To express your unique version of art that is cajoled and seduced from within to make an appearance in the outer world ... requires a fierce heart which protects the more fragile heart while losing nothing in the translation.  

Art is the hardest work I have ever done.  It has brought me the most frustration and the most rewards of anything I have ever done.  It helps me process and work through things, it mirrors for me and shows me different aspects of myself.  I paint women so it makes it very personal work for me.  Art helped me work through the loss of my husband and the grief that felt insurmountable.  Art is my therapy, my religion, my joy and has changed my life and given me a life.  I hate to think where I would be now without art ... we all need art.


Why is art important for the world?

Art holds transmissions from the soul. It shares from the depths. Image is the purest form of communication, words can't get in the way or be misunderstood.  Art heals, it is a salve for the world.










Artist:  Jackie Morris - East of the Sun and West of the Moon



No comments:

Post a Comment